Avian/Exotic Veterinarians (in Calgary and surrounding area)
- Calgary Avian and Exotic Pet Clinic (403) 240-3577 – Dr. Leticia Materi, Dr. Julie DeCubellis, Dr. Kelsey Chapman
- VCA – Calgary North Animal Hospital (403) 277-0135 – Dr. Richard Weger, Dr. Tara Sager
- Dewinton Pet Hospital (403) 256-7297 – Dr. Eva Hadzima
Do your research when choosing an Avian Veterinarian – VetRatingz
Emergency Veterinary Care (24 Hours A Day, Everyday)
- VCA – Western Veterinary Specialist & Emergency Centre (403) 770-1340
- VCA – Calgary North Animal Hospital (403) 277-0135
Newsletter Advertiser Links – Thank you for your support!
- Bark & Feathers All Animal Grooming
- Calgary Avian & Exotic Pet Clinic
- Calgary Bird School
- Hagen Avicultural Research Institute (HARI)
- Meika’s Birdhouse
- Parrot Trends – Unique, Safe, Quality products at affordable prices
- VCA – Calgary North Veterinary Hospital
- All About the Monk Parakeet (aka Quaker)
- Arndt-Verlag publishing house for parrot/bird books/magazines
- Association of Avian Veterinarians
- Avian Welfare a resource centre on avian welfare and related issues.
- Interesting article: “10 Things to Know Before Adopting a Bird“
- Avicultural Advancement Council of Canada
- BehaviorWorks (Dr. Susan Friedman)
- Bird Hotline international site for lost, found, or stolen birds
- Bird Channel
- Cheep Parrot Toys N Tips – how to make your own parrot toys, gyms, etc.
- World Parrot Trust “Ask An Expert”
- Earth Watch
- Edmonton Pet Parrot Association
- Exotic Pet Vet article: “Bacterial Issues in Pet Parrots“
- The Gabriel Foundation
- Good Bird Inc (B. Heidenreich)
- Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary – a sanctuary in Surrey, BC)
- Lethbridge Parrot Club (Facebook)
- Meika’s Safehouse
- mytoos.com – a must site for anyone before considering a Cockatoo as a companion parrot
- 911 Parrot Alert – international registry for lost, stolen and found parrots
- Ottawa Parrot Club
- Parrots International
- Pericos Mexicanos organization saving the 22 species of parrots and macaws in Mexico (Google can translate site to English)
- The Parrot Pages
- Parrot Place/Valley Aviary a list of Canadian breeders and rescues
- Parrot Preservation Society
- Parrot Enrichment
- Pound Rescue – Okotoks
- PIJAC voice of the Canadian pet industry
- The Alex Foundation
- Top 100 Bird Sites
- World Parrot Trust check out Mira Tweti’s books
- Zoocheck Canada
- The Healthy Bird Cookbook by Robin Deutsch
- Avian Publications
If you have a great link you would like to see here, or any questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail us.
The Parrot Enrichment Activity Books by Kris Porter:
These are free books for all parrot caregivers. The books touch on toy making, types of toys, different toy materials, individual parrot preferences, shredders, refillable, foraging toys, food kabobs, even how to make fun and easy play gyms from PVC. Chock full of suggestions and ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Excellent resources, and comes highly recommended by various parrot experts including Dr. Susan Friedman.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Calgary Parrot Club and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Calgary Parrot Club. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Calgary Parrot Club takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.